OSiS+ by Schwarzkopf Professional just wrapped up Day 2 of Weekend 2 of Festival Fun, creating hundreds of braids for festival-going, fashion-obsessed girls and guys. There have been quite a few incredible braided ‘dos, but the hottest two looks to hit the festival scene and soon to be the red carpet thus far are the ‘Double Helix’ fishtail braid, created by OSiS+ by Schwarzkopf Professional Brand Ambassador Michael Dueñas and the ‘Mohawk Fishtail Braid’ by Ambassador Amber Dawn.
Here’s the step-by-step breakdown for both looks:
To achieve the Double Helix Fishtail Braid by Michael Dueñas — channelinga bohemiangoddessdream do follow this style breakdown:
- Step 1: Bring all the hair into a loose low crown ponytail and secure with an elastic.
- Step 2: Split the hair into 3 sections, the middle section being the skinniest. Apply an ample amount of OSiS+ Session Label Silk Shine Cream($25 at ULTA.com) to each section.
- Step 3: Similar to a French braid, take a small piece of hair from the outside of the right section, bring it under the right section and thenover the middle, joining it with the left side.
- Step 4: Then take a small piece from the left side, bring it over the top of the left side, and under the middle section. Join it with the right.
- Step 5: Repeat right, left, right, left until you have braided all the hair. Secure the end with elastic and finish the look with OSiS+ Elastic Flexible Hold Hairspray ($19 at LoxaBeauty.com).
MOWAHK FISHTAIL BRAID:
Perfect for when you want to keep your hair out of the pool and still look seriously stylish, celebrity stylist Amber Dawn created this sexy look with edge:
- Step 1: Place your head upside down and create a French braid all the way from the nape of your neck to the front of your neckline, remember to keep it tight to the scalp.
- Step 2: Once to the front of your hairline, start braiding a fishtail braid.
- Step 3: Braid all the way to the end of hair and secure with elastic.
- Step 4: Sprinkle the braid with OSiS+ Dust It ($23 at LoxaBeuaty.com) and pull apart for width.
- Step 5: Fold braid backwards to the crown and pin to head.
- Step 6: Finish with a quick spray ofOSiS+ Elastic Flexible Hold Hairspray ($19 at LoxaBeauty.com).
Please let me know if you have questions, need additional information.
Image courtesy: BEACHHOUSEPR.COM