A woman’s wedding day is often the day she dreams about her whole life. Even the most agreeable bride can quickly lose it when preparing for this life changing event. The dress, the venue, the cake and the colors are all important. But in the big day, some of the tasks takes more priority. Last minute repairs can be made to a gown, a shoe can be super-glued in a pinch, smudged make-up is a touch up at worst. If you suddenly realize you’re missing anything, you can always buy it quickly. However, a bad hairstyle can really ruin the day! It can make a beautiful bride feel horrid and she will be reminded every time she views her wedding photographs. So, there are some things every woman should consider before the day arrives to make sure she is beautiful and radiant on her dream wedding:
Use a Professional
This is not the day to use your best friend’s cousin who is just about to graduate from Beauty College. Go for a professional, get references and check their portfolio. A professional takes into consideration your facial structure and its shape, your neckline, the jewelry you will be wearing and your veil. They will help you discover your best features and how to enhance them, as well as identify problem areas and show you how to minimize them.
Make sure you book your day way ahead of schedule and confirm it! But, arrange a pre-day practice run for you and your bridal party. This day should be at least two weeks before the wedding so that, if things go wrong, you will have time for adjustments and have another pre-day if needed. Have a friend come along to take pictures. It’s good to take them from various angles at every step of the way, so the following day you can get with your group and review all the photos. Make notes of anything that concerns you and discuss the issues with the stylist.
Scheduling & Styling
- Allow enough time for your stylist to work comfortably. This is not the day for “fashionably late”.
- Keep the weather in mind and make sure you take all necessary precautions.
- Wear something that opens in front to the appointment, such as a button down shirt. You do not want to have to pull your dress over your head after your hair is done!
- Even if you do not usually use hairsprays, this migth be the time. Your hair will have a long day and you want it to be beautiful the entire time!
- Consider your veil. Make sure you know how to place it and secure it, and if you are not sure have your stylist help you.
- Consider paying your stylist to allow you to rent her services for the day to make sure you’re both prepared for touch ups.